These are some of the Roman ruins we saw at Santiponce. Some of the tile work is still left which is incredible. I believe this structure was called the House of the Birds.
This is the large amphitheater I was talking about. The center was used to house the animals and equipment needed for games. It's surprising how much is intact still. I have better pictures of the amphitheater but I wanted to put one up with the three of us :-)
Now to Cadiz... this is the Cathedral. Pretty awesome with the palm tree, huh?
I love this picture. It is taken in the Plaza of Flowers (I don't want to attempt my Spanish...). The restaurant we bought our fried fish at was in this plaza.
This is me on top of the tower I attempted to describe to you. It had incredible views of the city. You can see the Atlantic Ocean in the background!
The beach. Jackie is in the background putting her feet in the water.
The view from our Hostel in Granada. Our room was on the top floor and in the summer would have been awesome because the doors and windows opened up to this.
Jackie in the teteria we ate in. It was dark so my camera didn't get a great shot but you can see how cool it was inside.
The Alhambra! This is my favorite courtyard inside the main palace that we toured.
This isn't a great picture but it was the best for showing the architecture of the palaces. The detail in the archways is incredible and there are hundreds of columns used.
This is the courtyard of another palace on the grounds of the Alhambra. We studied this in Humanities my senior year of high school.
A view of the city from the Alhambra.
And a view of the Alhambra from the city. This is what the entire Alhambra looks like. We took this from the plaza on the hill across from the Alhambra. On the right is the military building called the Alcazaba. In the center you can see the main building. And in the background, the Sierra Nevada.
A Spanish woman at the plaza took this good picture of me and Jackie so I had to share.
AWESOME pictures.
ReplyDeletefine looking ladies.
in the one picture of me, i look constipated.
great.
what else is new.